Managing & Reporting Attendance
Reporting Attendance in Web Access
Faculty are required to post a first session/week attendance report for all students. This is done by logging into Web Access and marking each student in the class as either ‘Present’ or ‘Never Attended.’
- Log into Web Access and select the relevant course.
- Click on the Attendance link in the left-hand sidebar (same place you find the Grading option).
- Click on ‘View Overall Section Attendance.’
- For each student on the roster, select the appropriate option from the drop down menu under the Overall Attendance column.
- Leave the attendance date blank.
Creating START HERE FIRST link in Blackboard course sidebar
Online courses require students to complete a Course Verification Survey to count as week 1 attendance. To facilitate this, instructors may add a START HERE FIRST menu item at the top of the course sidebar menu that takes students directly to this verification activity. To manually add this menu item:
- Click Add Menu Item icon (plus sign) in upper left-hand sidebar.
- Select Course Link
- Click ‘Browse’ in the settings window and locate the Course Verification Survey. It should be in the Weekly Lessons folder. Click on it to select it.
- Edit the Name box in the settings window to say START HERE FIRST
- Check the ‘Available to Users’ check box and then click Submit.
- Hover and click on the yellow drag handle to move the new menu item to the top of the menu list.