MISSION, PILLARS & VISION
As an evangelical Christian university of The Wesleyan Church, Oklahoma Wesleyan University models a way of thought, a way of life, and a way of faith. It is a place of serious study, honest questions, and critical engagement, all in the context of a liberal arts community that honors the primacy of Jesus Christ, the priority of Scripture, the pursuit of Truth, and the practice of Wisdom.
The Four Pillars
- The primacy of Jesus Christ as the incarnate Son of God, the Alpha and Omega, the Beginning and the End, who is the lens for all learning and the Lord of our daily lives.
- The priority of Scripture as the inerrant and authoritative written Word of God that guides us in all matters of faith, learning, and living.
- The pursuit of Truth as an objective, attainable reality grounded in the person and example of Jesus Christ and anchored in the Bible.
- The practice of Wisdom as the goal for all members of the university community, who work to promote healing and wholeness in a broken culture and hurting world.
To be a Tier One comprehensive Christian university of 1,500 students, known regionally and nationally for its defense of objective truth as the foundation for all learning and living…
- A university that embraces multiple means and methods of teaching and learning, of pedagogy and andragogy, of technology and technique, to reclaim every inch of creation for Christ and his Kingdom;
- A university that champions the unity of knowledge and wisdom and leads in the “public square” and the “marketplace of ideas” through traditional and adult, undergraduate and graduate, online and distance education;
- A university known for its institutes, forums, publications, and presentations – a community of learners working to conserve and reveal objective truth as the only means of liberating humanity from the consequences of sin.